The land where the Woodford Library stands was part of Ambrose Tilney’s land selection in 1880. It became available as freehold land in 1886 and was sold to John Ferguson in 1905. Ferguson had purchased the old Yatesville Hotel (116-118 Archer Street) but wanted the business closer to the developing railway line. Walter King built Ferguson the new Yatesville Hotel on the corner of Elizabeth and Archer Streets and she stood for over 50 years. After many owners of the Hotel, trade ceased in 1961 and it was sold to Jack and Dick Webb. Demolition soon started, with the materials used to build a row of houses in Elizabeth Street. The first Library services started in 1962 from within the CWA room that was in Elizabeth Street, operating a few hours a week. In 1976 Caboolture Shire Council acquired the land on the corner and built the library which opened in 1978. The old English Oak tree at the front of the Library is thought to of been planted by Mrs Ambrose Tilney, wife of the original selector and district midwife and is over 100 years old.