The original Post Office and Telephone Exchange was built near Post Office Creek in 1885. After the 1893 flood, when water came up to the floor, the decision was made to move it to the Yatesville area where there was a part time Post Office and combine the two. In 1926 the exchange service provided 43 users, 3 party lines to a population of 1100. In 1936 when the building was showing its age tenders were called to repair it. Work was only 60% complete when the Alexandra Hall, Barbers and Post Office were razed on the night of 23rd of June 1937. The new building was completed in March 1938 the year power was connected to Woodford.