Remembrance Park was also part of Ambrose Tilney’s selection of 1880. The Tilney family lived in the old cottage that was built on this site up to the turn of the century. The block was owned by a few other people until July 1919 when the Governor of Queensland, Sir Matthew Nathan, officially opened the cottage and it became the home of the local Bush Nurse. A committee was formed, money raised and a new cottage was opened on the 17th of November 1923. For the next 44 years the Bush Nurses provided medical help and care to the district. The cottage was closed and sold for removal in the 1970’s. The cottage was moved by Mick Draper to 11 George Street. The area was then cleared and a caravan park and rest area was made on the site. On Anzac Day 2000 it was rededicated as Remembrance Park.