In the early 1840s when the Archer brothers settled here, Durundur became the most northern European settlement in the land. Durundur means either wet place of Moreton Bay Ash tree. The town of Woodford was proclaimed in 1885, deriving its name from Henry Wood and the Stanley River crossing (ford) on which the township was originally situated. After a disastrous flood in 1893, local business moved to the higher ground where the town of Woodford is now situated.
Visiting Woodford Information