Sawmilling at Villeneuve from 1898 to 1926
From Ron Trim, local historian
James Green commenced sawmilling in Villeneuve in 1898. At the same time he was in partnership with George Seeney in Woodford. The Villeneuve sawmill operated until 1926. It had three times the capacity of the Woodford sawmill.
Green also established a case factory at Rosalie, Brisbane in 1905 before making his Brisbane headquarters in Wickham Street by 1909.
When the railway was extended beyond Woodford, Green had a siding inserted in 1914 just beyond Villeneuve but it fell out of use in 1926 when the mill was closed.