Sawmilling at Stanmore from 1910 to unknown.
From Ron Trim, local historian
In about 1891 Alfred Nonmus selected land in the Woodford area on Postman’s Track. In 1911 his son Hector followed, selecting land that adjoined his father’s land. Another son, Gilbert, selected 280 acres in the north east part of Bellthorpe.
The Nonmus brothers Gilbert and Frank had a portable steam engine which they used for milling timber in the area from around 1910. In approximately 1921 they erected a stationary sawmill at Stanmore near Running Creek. They employed Alf Draper to haul logs to the mill and to cart the sawn timber away.