Sawmilling in Woodford from 1886 to 1889
From Ron Trim, local historian
The first sawmill to be erected in Woodford, the Woodford Sawmilling Company, was situated behind the site of the current Police station, on the corner of Archer Street and Kropp Road. The mill was owned and operated by the Kirby brothers, James and Alec, and William Tracey Senior. The Woodford Sawmilling Company operated for only a few years closing because of financial problems.