Sawmilling in Woodford from unknown to 1928
From Ron Trim, Local historian.
King established a sawmill in partnership with Tom Beanland. The new mill was situated on the present site of the Woodford Bowls Club, on Webb Lane. In order to enable more efficient transport of the timber, in 1913 a railway siding was built by J. Higgins. The Beanland and King mill was bought by the Lovf family sometime during 1914 to 1916. Lovf built his home, 7 Webb Lane, opposite the mill that still stands today. The mill operated until it burnt down in 1928.